Sunday, September 4, 2016

School is here!

Well, for the grandsons anyway.  Me?  I am going to the fun lunch for retired teachers held the first day of school!  We gather to celebrate...then some of us go home and check for substitute jobs.

But even more fun than that was making this card for one of the grandsons.  My inspiration came from a Jennifer McGuire video using acetate and the great sketch at Sketch Saturday, #428



 
I had intended the gold on the acetate to be in the other direction- so they would be hanging down like pennants. Sigh.  Once all was together, I saw my mistake.
 
Image:  Day for Daisies, colored with Copics
Sentiment: Close to my Heart
Gold on Acetate: CTMH Fundamentals
Papers: Bazzill, classic red; My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup; red check from stash
Dies: Stitched Circles, Simon Says Stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Gold thread
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment