Thursday, October 15, 2015

Harvest Time

 
This card had several inspirations: a recent video tutorial by Kristina Werner showing watercolor on clear embossed image random stamped on the page, and the Atlantic Hearts Sketch #129.

 I used some patterned paper from Close To My Heart (Zoe) to cover the front of the card base.  The stamp image is an old wood stamp that might even have been from the days when CTMH was Dots!  I stamped the image randomly on an 8x10 piece of watercolor paper and clear embossed. After painting the leaves, I used my water brush and Slate ink to paint in the background around the leaves. I used Kristina's trick of putting ink directly on the acrylic block and brushing it off to splatter.   The sentiment is from the Fall Harvest set, embossed in white on Whisper card stock. I cut one of the leaves out and popped it with foam tape. It was difficult to cut into this water color piece! (I have more, so there will be another card soon using the rest.)

The leaf image is rather large and so the card ended up being 4.5x6.25" I backed each of the watercolor panels with Whisper and did a bit of ink distressing on the sentiment banner. Embellishments are 'Durables' from CTMH.

Also linking to My Time to Craft #306 'Autumnal Colors' and
Addicted to Stamps + More #166 'Anything Goes'


8 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful fall leaves you painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous leaves! Thanks for playing at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! love the background base, it is nice, and your painted leaves are awesome, thanks for playing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - and great techniques! Thank you for sharing it with us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! I love the autumn colored leaves with that cool grey background! Love the the techniques you used. I will definitely have to check that out! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and the process you went through would make me hesitate to cut it too! Love the soothing effect it has!Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Linda N
    DT member AHSC
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this card, the affect is awesome. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty! Love your watercoloring and embossing. Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Jess - DT

    ReplyDelete