Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Inspiration




This card began with retrosketches #156 sketch.  I started stamping the circles from Doodled Designs (Close To My Heart) with Distress ink several times onto Holtz watercolor card stock.  I used a water brush to blend out the color. Then mixed a bit of the ink on a block, loaded a brush with color and tapped it for the spatter.  The flowers  (Lovely Birthday Occasions, CTMH) were inked with Distress inks - I masked the large flower- and water brushed.  The sentiment tag was punched and stamped using Thoughtful Florals set from Verve.  I cut the water color piece and used foam to adhere it to the card base.

This was fun to try - way out of my comfort zone.  Now that I look at the pictures, it feels that something should have been added to the yellow flowers. Do they just get lost??
Perhaps a flower with circular design would be better?  Kept it monochromatic?  I feel another attempt in the future...

1 comment: