Sunday, January 25, 2015

Friend


CAS-ology theme this week is friend, and I finally had some time to do a bit of crafting last night. I made two cards... The first uses Freshly Made Sketch #170, a Sissix die and stamp set, with Close To My Heart paper (Scaredy Cat) for the front panel. 

 
The next card was a technique experiment that really became frustrating.






  I had been watching videos for using watercolor/resist technique, and wanted to try it again.  I have had a tough time getting my attempts to look right.  One video suggested using the heat tool to dry things right away.  That really helped the pucker-buckling issue I was having even with the more expensive watercolor paper.  I adore the look that others achieve, and will not give up yet.

The paper was stamped with Versamark and embossed with clear powder. Then I applied the watercolor.  I attempted creation of water spots...but it just wasn't working.  The image was so unclear, that I stamped over the embossing with CTMH Whisper ink which I had used for the sentiment.  A few clear sequins, and offset placement on Whisper card stock panel.

I am far from satisfied with this, but perhaps a lot more practice will help!

3 comments:

  1. Dena, I love both cards and I admire your tenacity! (Don't give up trying, I think card #2 looks pretty cool!) I really love the split panel behind the typewriter on your first card. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute typewriter and fun stripes on your first card. As for your second, I struggle with the same things! Those videos make it look so easy but I still have not mastered this watercolor thing. Must keep trying. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful! You did a beautiful job with the watercolor resist! Thanks for sharing with us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete