Monday, May 30, 2011

Know that I care...



Less is More challenge this week is a sketch - a card divided into 5 squares (one of them being the center) and the image and sentiment must be in one of them only. My card base is 4 3/4 X 6 1/4". I am going to make another and try to reposition the sentiment and bottom right curve, as I think it's a bit cramped as it is...but this is a lovely way to create an elegant feeling card. All the empty space directs your eye to the color. Very good challenge for balance positioning - I have a bit of learning curve to traverse yet!

Stamp Image and sentiment: CTMH Carefree set
Inks: CTMH Juniper, Sunset, Creme Brulee

Button: small Juniper button from the Assorted Green collection, CTMH

piercing tool

8 comments:

  1. I think this is lovely Dena
    Glad you are enjoying our challenges
    Make you think eh?
    Thank you
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty flower and super card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely colouring Dena, just super!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is perfect as it is. Love the little splash of colour against all that white.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used a rectangle..and I love the piercing!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paper piercing and color! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pierced border around the card and the flower looks really good in that top corner, great card :)

    ReplyDelete