Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Find Your Style

This card was SO fun to make! In the latest Papercrafts magazine they said that grey was the new black...and there was a card made from ribbons to look like a gown....this was just perfect for this month's CTMH stamp set Find Your Style. The bird and butterfly on yesterday's post are also part of this fabulous set. One more image I haven't used yet --soon to come.
I used two pieces of ribbon for the skirt- a soft yellow grosgrain and a yellow organdy- slip stitched to gather and glue dotted it in place. The necklace is with licorice pearls -a new embellishment in the CTMH catty.
The stamp was inked with Grey Flannel and the left side rolled in black ink; matted with Buttercup and Grey Flannel cardstock. The black background paper is the CTMH Wings collection. You've seen a bit of it here already. It's wonderful, versatile paper.

I couldn't decide on a sentiment, so it's plain. I wish my photo did it justice, because it is so pretty in person. There are so many details in the stamp image that aren't showing here.

It was a fine day. I got to organize a little in my classroom, did the grocery shopping, met a very wonderful friend for dinner, talked on the phone with the grandsons ( 2+ 4 years old) and got a 'phone kiss' from the little one.
Now...must...grade...finals......

1 comment: