Sunday, January 16, 2011

Barely There OLW 36


Trying again to perfect the art of Clean & Simple... when I was in acting school (many decades ago!), I found that comedy was more challenging than heavy drama. Now I find that simple, one layer cards are very challenging compared to multiple layers and embellishments. This is my take on the latest challenge at http//:stylesink.ca/ to "make a one layer card with a bare plant image."

I shaded inside an oval stencil using Sky and Twilight inks. I stamped the bare branch using a stamp from the CTMH Twitterpated WOTG set. I added falling snow with White Daisy ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. The senitment is from a long-retired set called Vintage Christmas, but I think it works well for simple a winter hello.


4 comments:

  1. Oh this is just lovely! What a great idea!

    Awesome job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW36!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow -what a beautiful idea. Love the way you made the snow.
    lg
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! I couldn't agree with you more about one-layer cards being more challenging! And yes, comedy is tougher than drama, too.

    ReplyDelete